Cremation is most common in Buddhism. The body has been the home of the soul during life and what is important is to treat the body with respect.
In Asia it is common for the family to wear white robes and often incense is burned. The funeral is often officiated by one or more monks dressed in saffron yellow clothes.
- Cremation is the most common procedure
- Many different traditions
- Plenty of candles and incense
- Food and other objects on the grave
- No requirement for special burial grounds