The course of events
Losing a close friend or a relative is one of the most unsettling events in life.
That is why it is entirely natural for you to feel unsure and worried about the things you have to deal with now. One good piece of advice is that you do not need to rush. This is not a situation one can manage in the same way as you normally handle everyday events in life.
In this document we hope to be able to answer your first questions. You can read or download the document in a PDF format but you can also order it free of charge from SBF or come in and pick it up from us at the undertakers office.
Download the document “Hur gör jag nu” [What do I do now] (PDF)
If a person dies in their home a doctor shall always be contacted first. Thereafter you can phone us, the undertakers, and book a time to come in for an appointment or if you wish we can visit you in your home. There is also the possibility of planning and ordering a funeral directly on our website. Prior to the visit at the undertakers there are some questions you may discuss within the family:
- When and where would you like for the funeral to take place?
- Did the deceased have any wishes regarding cremation or burial or other wishes?
- Is there a family grave or would you like a new grave?
- Are you going to publish an obituary notice and how is it to be designed?
- Shall the funeral take place within the immediate family or shall the time and place be detailed in the notice?
- Should there be a memorial after the funeral ceremony and how would you like it to be arranged?
These are largely the topics we will talk about when you visit us at the office. If you have not discussed this before coming to the office we will of course help you with all of this. We have the experience and can help you with suggestions and ideas in this difficult moment. Do not hesitate contacting us if you have any thoughts or questions. We are here to help you.
A good way of preparing is also to use our service Begravningsbyrån Online where you can see prices and prepare an order.